About Adlon Hotell
As far back as in 1906, a few hotel rooms were decorated. In 1918, the hotel ”Missionshotellet” opened on the premises and was eventually renamed “Hotell Turisten”. In 1922, the hotel was run by the widow Maria Cecilia Håkansson whose permit admitted a hotel business for a maximum of 15 guests and a total of 13 hotel rooms.
In 1944, the Linder family acquired floors two and three in the corner section towards the street Gamla Brogatan and thus, the Adlon Hotel was established. At the time “Adlon” was a common name for a hotel. The hotel was run by the same family for 30 years, and during their management it expanded to encompass a total of 64 hotel rooms plus a lift.
In 1975 the Bäckström family acquired the hotel business and is still run by the same family, currently by the second generation.
In 1996 the Adlon was considered a pioneering hotel as it was the first hotel in Sweden to offer internet access in all hotel rooms. The home page, www.adlon.se, was introduced in 1995, and it was one of the first home pages in use in the Swedish hotel industry.